Days 4-8

This morning when I stood on the scale I weighed 288. The result of one week of my soylent experiment is 6 pounds of weight loss. I'm more than thrilled.

Today is also payday, and looking at my dwindling supply of soylent I had a gut check moment, do I want to keep going with this or do I call two weeks good enough for now? I decided of course to re-supply.

Results matter. I remember two days prior to my soylent trial my blood pressure was taken and it was too high (go see a doctor and maybe get put on meds if this continues high). Yesterday my blood pressure was 127/84, healthy level. I also had a massive caffeine habit. I can say that I've been caffeine free for 5 and a half days. I'm not anti-caffeine, and I never fully set out to quitting it when I started this trial, but I sure am glad to be free of the dependency. I'm sure it also played a part in dropping my bp.

The road here hasn't been without it's challenges. Extreme fatigue marked the first half of week 1.

Sunday was a particular low point. We had a frozen pizza in our fridge that I fed to my daughters, but they didn't want to eat much of the pizza so most of it was just lying around. I lost my willpower and ate the better part of the pizza. I felt super defeated as I really had wanted to say that for two weeks I went 100% soylent.

However, the wonderful part that makes soylent work is the convenience. I started anew on Monday and can proudly say I haven't looked back since.

I had been making my soylent with coffee, but I realized that I barely tasted it. Maybe I need to use more coffee for a more potent brew. In either case what came through the soylent more were the spices I put in the pitcher; Cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. So monday I just made my soylent without any coffee and as previously noted my work coffee is horrible. As I reached the end of the day I started nodding off at my desk. I was the opposite of productive and as I headed home I ended doing a zombie trance I've only experienced while driving in extreme stages of exhaustion. It's like a waking sleep and it's very dangerous to do in heavy traffic like I was in. I made it home and went immediately to sleep at 5pm. I napped for a couple hours and woke up feeling much better.

Tuesday marked the second stage of my soylent experience. Lots of energy throughout the day, and no need for caffeine. It's been that way ever since.

I am kind of getting tired of consuming the same thing every single day. Maybe I will experiment with some Torrani sugar free syrups to introduce some more variety.

Comments

  1. So... another still-born blog? C'mon, Alan, what happened on days 8 through ... would it be 88, now?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Unboxing & First Batch

First 24 Hours of Soylent